In the early 1890's the elms came down and the Westerly Granite Company, using several stone cutters from Italy, began construction of the memorial arch. The complete gateway spans 54 feet and is 32 feet high and 6 feet thick.
Today, more than a century and a half after its incorporation, the Elm Grove Cemetery Association still thrives, operating primarily with revenues from the sale of lots and foundations.
Elm Gove offers a beautiful park setting for those who care to wander through a piece of local history.
Visit our history section for more detailed information about the history of Elm Grove Cemetery Association.
Superintendent: James Davis